Thread: Vastu: prayer room

1. Default Vastu: prayer room

Vastu Shastra : The prayer Room

While I was traveling, I found that most Hindu homes have a separate room for meditation and prayer purposes. It is generally called the "puja" room. Puja refers to worship and rituals. A Hindu Puja Room is one of the best rooms in the house, its mostly a small room but very well decorated with pictures of deities and with fresh flowers. Another important aspect of the Puja room is that in the Hindu household, the Aarati, which takes place every morning and evening is also a family time where the family gathers in the puja room and sings praises of the deities. I am planning to write an article about the Hindu Aarati soon, so please try to keep an eye on the home page if you're curious as to what the aarati is.

The Hindus place a lot of importance on their Puja Rooms, it is always kept clean and fresh with flowers and incenses. People I have met have told me that the most important rooms in their houses is always the Puja Room and they put more effort into this room than any other!

The Vastu Shastra which is the science of placements in the house also talks about the importance of a good arrangement in the Puja Room. Though, most of us do not have places to create a separate Puja or Meditation room in our houses, there are still things that we can consider while we are creating our meditation spot etc. Now, the Hindu culture does not consider the bedroom as an ideal place for puja and meditation because of our personal lives and sexual activities in the bedroom.
    The Puja room should be located in the North-East direction of your house.
    You should be facing the East during prayers and make sure that the pictures of the deities look down on you from their west.
    It is considered very important to make sure that the level of the deities' pictures is always higher than the person who is offering the puja.
    Try to make sure that the picture of the deities do not face south.
    Prayer rooms should never be located in the upper level of your house. Try to use the ground floor as much as possible.
    Because the sun is in the north east from 3 am to 6 am in the morning, this is considered the right time to pray (and to study as well). Most people do get up as early as 5:30 in India and around and they usually do spend a good half of their first hour of the morning in the puja room.
    The NE portion of your house is very important in the Vastu Shastra, therefore it is recommended that you either have an altar or a study room on this section of the house Or leave it vacant for prosperity.

The Puja room is a very fascinating part of Hindu Culture! I hope these tips help and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Mystic
    -Mystic

Pili kau, pili ho`oilo.
    Together in the dry season, together in the wet season

Follow Your Bliss

2. Default Vastu: prayer room

Vastu Shastra : The prayer Room

While I was traveling, I found that most Hindu homes have a separate room for meditation and prayer purposes. It is generally called the "puja" room. Puja refers to worship and rituals. A Hindu Puja Room is one of the best rooms in the house, its mostly a small room but very well decorated with pictures of deities and with fresh flowers. Another important aspect of the Puja room is that in the Hindu household, the Aarati, which takes place every morning and evening is also a family time where the family gathers in the puja room and sings praises of the deities. I am planning to write an article about the Hindu Aarati soon, so please try to keep an eye on the home page if you're curious as to what the aarati is.

The Hindus place a lot of importance on their Puja Rooms, it is always kept clean and fresh with flowers and incenses. People I have met have told me that the most important rooms in their houses is always the Puja Room and they put more effort into this room than any other!

The Vastu Shastra which is the science of placements in the house also talks about the importance of a good arrangement in the Puja Room. Though, most of us do not have places to create a separate Puja or Meditation room in our houses, there are still things that we can consider while we are creating our meditation spot etc. Now, the Hindu culture does not consider the bedroom as an ideal place for puja and meditation because of our personal lives and sexual activities in the bedroom.
    The Puja room should be located in the North-East direction of your house.
    You should be facing the East during prayers and make sure that the pictures of the deities look down on you from their west.
    It is considered very important to make sure that the level of the deities' pictures is always higher than the person who is offering the puja.
    Try to make sure that the picture of the deities do not face south.
    Prayer rooms should never be located in the upper level of your house. Try to use the ground floor as much as possible.
    Because the sun is in the north east from 3 am to 6 am in the morning, this is considered the right time to pray (and to study as well). Most people do get up as early as 5:30 in India and around and they usually do spend a good half of their first hour of the morning in the puja room.
    The NE portion of your house is very important in the Vastu Shastra, therefore it is recommended that you either have an altar or a study room on this section of the house Or leave it vacant for prosperity.

The Puja room is a very fascinating part of Hindu Culture! I hope these tips help and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Mystic
    -Mystic

Pili kau, pili ho`oilo.
    Together in the dry season, together in the wet season

Follow Your Bliss