Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Guides and their names etc

1. Default Spirit Guides and their names etc

One of the most common questions that is asked in the forums and that is asked via messenger goes on sort of like "What do my guides look like?", "what is my guides name?"While names and physical appearances make it easier for us to relate to our guides, we have to remember that our guides are highly evolved entities, we can call them whatever we wish to. In the same sense that we can refer to God by any name, Jesus, Ram, Allah...Does God have a name? Not really, it is the name we have chosen to refer to with.A lot of people talk about how they have a "native american" guide or something similar. While some guides have incarnated in the physical earth, they have lived many lives here. While we may be "attracted" to their life as a Native American, they have lived here before as other entities.What the whole "my guide looks like and my guides name is" does is it takes a spiritual part of us and focuses more on the physical part of it. Of course I like calling my guide by his name, but is that his name? Not really, he has lived many lives here and i call him by a name because it is easier for me to, of course i could just call him spirit guide as I sometimes do, it doesnt really matter what you call them. A lot of people get so caught up in verifying their guides names, what they look like and all that, they completely lose focus of what is important, that is the lessons and the guidance. Some people even refuse to listen to their guides unless they are told a name....if you are so particular about names, just call them whatever you want to call them, name them! I have never bothered to "see" what my guide looks like, I know what he looks like, he is the divine love...and that is all i care about. Spirits do not have names or appearances. even we don't. Sure, I'll respond if you call me Mystic, I will also respond if you call me Myst, I'll respond to all the nicknames that people have given me. Your name and what you look like is not your identity even though thats what we learn to identify with.The reason it becomes important for us to answer this is because, let us take the above scenario, let us say i decide that my guide is native american and his name is "xyz". What this really means is i am interested into native american spirituality and there is something for me to learn from there....the name "xyz" may or may not have anything to do with lessons i have to learn but it sure makes it easier for me to refer to my guide as xyz, the reality with names is it makes stuff "personal". Just like, you could call me Miss Bryce, i'll respond to it sure....but my name makes it more personal for you and for me! Now, let us say you decide to get a reading from someone..(a reading is not just a gift to you but to the reader as well). So, your reader decides that your guide is an eastern spiritual leader. Uh oh, conflict there. Which one is he really? Both! He is Spirit. It is only your mind which decides what your guide is and mostly it is something that you are being asked to look at. It doesnt mean youre wrong or the reader is wrong. Some of you here wont even have a clue who the heck Ana Bryce is, you will not relate to the name at all, you've never heard it, or you've never thought of me as Ana Bryce. Now, if you start talking to my friends, they will have no clue who Mystic is because they have never thought of me as Mystic. That is just an example, while you're opening up and talking to your guides it obviously works at a much deeper level than if you're just thinking of "Mystic". And just like how my name does not identify me here (because there certianly is a conflict between Mystic and Ana...they're not the same words)....What identifies me then? It of course is the spirit inside...it is the ME inside of the body.While working with your spirit guides the Body is gone, what is there is just the spirit. we try to put a body to it, a body, a name, a race, a color, an ethnicity which is fine, as long as we dont get sidetracked by the physical and lose focus on the eternal...img src="ForumsricheditsmileysLove3.gif" border="0"
    -Mystic

Pili kau, pili ho`oilo.
    Together in the dry season, together in the wet season

Follow Your Bliss

Yep, thats what i think about it as well. Would be interesting to see what other memebers might hink though.
    There's just one kind of folks. Folks

Yep, thats what i think about it as well. Would be interesting to see what other memebers might hink though.
    There's just one kind of folks. Folks

acExcellent article Mystic...gives one much food for thought. ac acIt also makes one wonder why, when Sylvia Brown is on the 'Montel Show' weekly and people come great distances to be there.....do they ask about spirit guide names instead of something more important? Seems silly to me, not that Guides are unimportant, infact quite the contrary. ac acThoughts from anyone else?
    Hugggs, Gently

It is the journey that enlightens, not the destination.

5. Default

wow! you are so right, some of us are more sensitive to the higher viation than others.BRBRthis may be a bit off topic, But I named my guide and I also named my HigherSelf.BRBRI have had this gift since I was about nine. but dismissed it because my parents are true catholics and wouldn't hear of it. BRBRbut I kept hearing loud screaching sounds on my right ear and to my surprise I told one of my aunts and she said "well that's your guardian" and since then I have been listening and always chatting as if she was in flesh and blood next to me. at age 18 I think she materialized to me (it's very hard for them to come down two or three dimensions to materialize)but scared me so I shut everything off. I think it was a shock!BRthe sounds got less. until about three or four years the whispering of my name and ringing (chipmunk chirpings) against my right ear ought me back to be guidedBRso it's been a great learning experience since late 2004.BRBRBRwhat people need to understand is that no matter if we don't see or hear them, they are always with you no matter what, they don't see the surface in which its the ego they see the true you! the spirit. BRSo, instead of wasting time of who and what try and be a bit more productive and giving and caring to what is more important in your life.BRif your guide wants you to know them while your have the human uniform, in which this human body is so dense to penetrate,trust me they will let you know. But always remember the guides and the angels were assign to us to watch over and guide. the main source we need not to forget is God the Almight, The I Am, (or which ever name you prefer as the Highest source of all living and nonliving energies)BRBRsorry I rambled. didn't mean too

6. Default

Great article mystic I was that way too always conserning about myspiritguides name, it just seemed like to me it would be more real Iguess.....I finnally had a vocal expereince with my guide img src="Forumsricheditsmileys2.gif" border="0"it's the first vocal that i've recalled lol...It's what i've always wanted. And instead on listening to what hehad to tell me I was trying to look at him and see what he lookslike. I got some bits and peices of what he said and of course Icouldn't see nothing I just saw a bunch of stuff trying to make afigure lol. I still new it was him he answerd me when I calledhim out it took 2 tries.He just really told me taht he's happy that i'm trying to communicate with him and to not give up...img src="ForumsricheditsmileysHappy24.gif" border="0" there was some other stuff but the focusing on him what he looked like made me not hear what he had to say
    *angiebr000

7. Default

Wonderful article, Mystic. I explains alot for me. I know I have 2 Guides. I always had shadows of doubt regarding their names. I am at a point, now, where I don't doubt they are there when I speak with them. However, for a while my own obsession with why I couldn't confirm a name DID lead me to doubt. That was the worst feeling. The way you explain it does make sense and takes alot of pressure off my personal situation regarding my communication. I guess it's just that it was always said "you would get a name" and that is what I learned. So,..thank you for the article. It really helps.

8. Default

<bIt also makes one wonder why, when Sylvia Brown is on the 'Montel Show' weekly and people come great distances to be there.....do they ask about spirit guide names instead of something more important,b>

I know what you mean. People will always try their hardest to stick to physical comfort and security, they will never want to open up and let themselves fly....that is what is affecting their journey...that is it....

let go....and that is the beginning...letting go of physical security....
    -Mystic

Pili kau, pili ho`oilo.

Follow Your Bliss

9. Default

Also, on the same note, I was listening to Dick Sutphen's Past life regression the other day, and I always find it odd when he pushes you to see what year it is, what you are wearing etc. (i realise why he does it, he is a great hypnotherapist...i realise why this is done...) but that really distracts me...one day im gonna have to edit the file and remove tha part lol....like, why would i care what i looked like in my past life rather than what is my Lesson?? But, i realise why he does it..
    -Mystic

Pili kau, pili ho`oilo.

Follow Your Bliss

10. Default

No offence to anyone but i also find a lot of people, a lot of "psychics" get you soo involved in these tiny unimportant details to get you hooked on the unimportant thing just so they can keep making money off you, rather than show you the path and tell you what is important....that really bugs me.

Its hard to see thru the intentions and motivations of a capitalist society...
    We all own WMD's ---------> Jealousy, hypocrisy and low self esteem.

Shop to save A life